When it comes to quickly and effortlessly preparing mouth-watering dishes such as vegetables, rice, fish, and many more, an Aroma rice cooker is your ideal choice. With this fantastic appliance, you can whip up delicious meals in minutes with perfectly steamed ingredients. To make sure you get the most out of your Aroma rice cooker, here’s a comprehensive guide on how to steam perfectly in an Aroma rice cooker.
What You Need to Steam in the Aroma Rice Cooker
Essentially, you will require ingredients such as vegetables, fish, meat, or eggs along with some sort of liquid such as broth or water. It is also recommended to have some sort of steamer basket so that the ingredients can tenderly be cooked using steam. If your Aroma rice cooker does not include a steamer basket, you can always pick one up from most cooking supply stores.
Preparing Your Ingredients for Steaming
The first step when preparing your ingredients is to prepare them for steaming. This will usually involve cutting the ingredients into the desired size, adding seasonings such as salt, pepper, or herbs to give them an extra kick of flavor, and properly draining them. After completing these steps, the ingredients will be ready for steaming.
Setting Up the Aroma Rice Cooker for Steaming
Once you have prepared your ingredients for steaming, you are now ready to set up the Aroma rice cooker. To do this properly, start off by filling the cooking pot with 2 cups of water or broth. Next, place your steamer basket inside the cooking pot, and fill it up with your desired ingredients. Place the lid atop the cooking pot, and select ‘Steam’ on the front panel.
Selecting the Perfect Setting for Perfect Steaming
With the Aroma rice cooker, you can select between two preset cooking settings designed specifically for steaming – ‘Soft’ and ‘Med/Hard’. The Soft setting is best used for more delicate ingredients such as seafood or vegetables, while the Med/Hard setting is more ideal for tougher proteins such as chicken. Once you have selected your preferred setting, hit the ‘Start’ button and watch your meal cook to perfection.
Adding Liquid for Perfect Steaming Results
To ensure perfect steaming results each time, it is recommended to add a little bit more liquid than what you initially put in when setting up the Aroma rice cooker. Adding forward liquids such as broth adds more flavor to a steamed meal. Ensure that all additional liquids are added before selecting your preferred setting; otherwise, you’ll end up getting a dry meal.
Timing Your Steamed Dishes to Perfection
Timing is often the key to excellence when it comes to steaming and cooking dishes in general. The amount of time that it takes your dish to steam depends on which setting you have selected, and how much of each ingredient is placed inside the steamer. To avoid over-cooking or under-cooking your meal and potentially ruining your meal, it is recommended to keep an eye on the timer and check on your meal from time to time.
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Aroma Rice Cooker
The following tips can help you get the most out of your Aroma rice cooker when it comes to steaming:
- When possible, use fresh and well-washed seasonal ingredients.
- Remove any excess liquid from meats before placing them inside the steamer basket.
- Ensure that all ingredients are cut into uniform sizes so they cook evenly.
- Add mushrooms last when it comes to other vegetables as they cook faster.
- Be careful with delicate ingredients such as herbs and seafood as they could get soggy or fall apart if overcooked.
Troubleshooting Common Issues When Steaming with an Aroma Rice Cooker
Sometimes no matter how cautiously you follow the instructions given above, things won’t turn out perfectly as intended; especially when it comes to trying new dishes. Here are a few common issues you may encounter when attempting to steam with an Aroma rice cooker:
- Meats may be slightly undercooked – As mentioned earlier, it is recommended to prepare your meats without any excess liquid as this can result in slightly undercooked meats. To avoid this issue, ensure that you marinade your meats for a few minutes before placing them inside the steamer basket.
- Liquid not enough – As mentioned earlier in this article, it is key to add enough liquid to ensure perfect steamed dishes. If you believe that not enough liquid was used in your first attempt, try adding some more before beginning the steaming cycle again.
- Heavy burning odour – In some cases you may encounter a strong burning odour coming from your Aroma rice cooker; this is usually due to not completing pre-rinsing steps or not adding enough liquids. To avoid this issue in the future, always follow the instructions given at the start of this article and measure out precisely how much liquid is needed before adding it into the cooking pot.
By following these simple instructions, you can effortlessly steam whatever dish you desire in no time at all in an Aroma rice cooker. Keep these tips in mind when attempting to steam with this fantastic kitchen appliance and you are sure to get great results every time!